ZTL PalermoPalermo has a restricted area (ZTL) in the centre where a Congestion Charge is applicable for all local car drivers with a pass. The ZTL-zone in Palermo is controlled by video cameras and is active every day from 08.00 to 20.00 hours. Map ZTL Palermo
Parking in the centre of Palermo is only permitted along streets with the blue lines. The best chance for a parking place is on Monday morning or Sunday (when the shops are closed) or early afternoon during lunch time. Saturday afternoon can be very difficult.
On-street parking PalermoChargeable parking is applicable in the area adjacent to the ZTL zone of Palermo :
- Monday-Friday between 08.00-14.00 and 16.00-20.00 hours
- Parking rate : € 0.50-1.00/hour, pending on zone
- Parking duration : 3 hours to unlimited
A different parking regulation is set to:
- Piazzale Ungheria : 24 hrs per day. Parking rate 08.00-20.00 hours : € 1.50/hour, 20.00-08.00 hours: € 1.50/hr.
- Viale Basile: paid parking 08.00-20.00 hours, € 2.00/hr.
Parking tickets (scheda di parcheggio) can be bought at the tobacconists, bars or shops (or from an unofficial parking “helper”).