ZONA TRAFFICO LIMITATO (ZTL)Many cities and towns have introduced restricted areas (ZTL) in their city centres. Driving here is authorized to local inhabitants only. If you have booked a hotel in the ZTL you can ask your hotel to arrange a permission to enter the zone.
SPEED LIMITSThe following max. speed limits apply for cars and motorbikes:
• Urban areas : max 50 km/h
• Regional roads : 70-90 km/h
• Main roads : 110 km/h
• Highways : 130 km/h
The maximum speed may vary due to weather conditions.
PARKING REGULATIONSOn-street parking is usually on the right side of the road on Monday to Saturday and pending on local rules even Sunday.
• Pay and display zones : buy your parking ticket from the p-machine and display it clearly in the front windscreen.
• Green zones : no parking on working days from 08:00-09:30/14:30-16:00.
• White zones : parking along white lines is free of charge.