A Swiss motorway vignette is required to use the national motorways. This sticker can be bought at customs offices, post offices, petrol stations, garages, road traffic offices. The price is CHF 40.
SPEED LIMITSThe following max. speed limits apply for cars and motorbikes:
• Urban areas : 50 km/h
• Non-urban areas : 80 km/h
• Expressways : 100 km/h
• Motorways : 120 km/h
PARKING REGULATIONSParking in Switzerland is divided into different zones:
• Blue Zones : 1 hour for free with a blue p-disc on Mon-Sat from 08:00-18:00.
• White Zones : paid and limited parking near a parking meter.
• Yellow Zones : no parking and no waiting at the roadside.
PARKING DISABLED CAR DRIVERSWith the European Blue Card you may park on parking spaces reserved for card holders only, but not if the space is marked with someone's name or a licence plate number.
• Free parking on a road where parking is prohibited.
• Max 2 hours in residential or pedestrian zones, if parking is permitted.
• Holders of the European Blue Card do have to pay for parking.
• If free parking is applicable and parking is restricted by time, you may exceed up to 6 hours over the time limit.
> > > MORE PARKING INFO SWITZERLAND